IAM’s Decade of Dance Award recognizes the significant commitment that some students make to Irish Dance. The dancers who receive this award have studied Irish dance for at least 10 years. The award is presented at IAM’s Day of Irish Dance at Landmark Center. Dancers receive a certificate and a special Decade of Dance medal.
The dancer must meet all of the following criteria:
- Participated in Irish Dance for 10 full years. *(For example, dancers applying for the award to be presented in March 2024 must have started studying Irish dance in the Fall of 2013 or before.)
- Participated in a minimum of one (1) full year with a Twin Cities Irish dance school or performance group.
- Performed at least once at IAM’s St. Patrick’s Day Irish Celebration or IAM’s Day of Irish Dance.
- If injured, attended classes during their recovery.
- Be recommended by an Irish Dance Instructor or Director from the Twin Cities.
* A full year begins in the Fall and ends in the Spring (Summers are optional).
Application Deadline for 2024: December 1, 2023.
Applications will be reviewed by the committee to ensure each applicant meets the criteria guidelines above, and confirmation will be provided by Feb. 15, 2024.